The Volcanoes of La Garrotxa - Full Day
This wonderful circular route runs entirely within the boundaries of the Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Natural Park. We will first walk through "Fageda d'en Jordà", an exceptional beech forest that sits on a lava flow. Then we will climb to the top of the Santa Margarida Volcano and visit the Romanesque chapel built inside the crater. Finally, we will finish the route by visiting the Croscat Volcano, the largest in the Iberian Peninsula and the youngest of all. A special route in one of the most beautiful and admired areas of Catalonia!
- Pick up time in Barcelona 9:00 a.m.
- Activity starting time and place: 11:00 a.m. in the park area of Can Serra in Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Natural Park (125 km away from Barcelona).
- Activity duration: 5h approx.
- Arriving time in Barcelona: 6:00 p.m.
- Physical demands: Easy.
- Technical difficulty: Easy.
- Total distance: 10 km
- Total ascent: 300m
- Recommended time of the year: All year round.
- Personal gear: You must wear outdoor clothing for the route: windbreaker jacket, warm and comfortable breathable clothes, mountain boots and gloves. For the rain: waterproof poncho/raincoat. For the sun: sunglasses, sunscreen, lip protection and a cap. A proper mountain backpack. Recommended: telescopic walking sticks.
- Food: Picnic bag.
- Activity price: 275€ (fixed price, from 1 to 8 people). This price includes: VAT, guided tour in English (by a certified mountain guide) and accident insurance for mountain activities.
- Picnic price: 18€/person. This price includes: big sandwich, mineral water (1,5l), fruit and chocolate bar.
- Transfer price from/to Barcelona (both ways included):
- · 1 to 3 people: 170€
- · 4 to 6 people: 210€
- · 7 or 8 people: 230€
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org