Snowshoeing Experience in Pyrenees - Full Day
This snowshoe hike makes us discover a quiet and beautiful place at the headwaters of the Ter river: Portella de Mantet. This border pass has been historically used for cross-border smugglers, bandits, and shepherds between Catalonia and France. A nice walk to enjoy the snow will bring us excellent ridge viewpoints such as Puig de Coma Ermada (2,492 m), the Puig de la Llosa (2,502 m) and Roca Colom (2,506m). We will go back via Portella de Morens, which will be a fun descent back to the starting point. If you visit Catalonia in the winter, do not miss this experience!
- Pick up time in Barcelona: 8:00 a.m.
- Activity starting time and place: 10:30 a.m. in the parking area of Vallter 2000 ski-resort (143 km away from Barcelona).
- Activity duration: 5h approx.
- Arriving time in Barcelona: 6:00 p.m.
- Physical demands: Medium.
- Technical difficulty: Easy. We will walk on rocky paths and there are some steep sections.
- Total distance: 7 km
- Total ascent: 350m
- Recommended time of the year: From January to April.
- Personal gear: You must wear outdoor clothing for the route: windbreaker jacket, warm and comfortable breathable clothes, long trousers, mountain boots with high cuff to protect the ankles, gloves and buff. For the rain: waterproof poncho/raincoat. For the sun: sunglasses, sunscreen, lip protection and a cap. A proper mountain backpack.
- Food: Picnic bag.
- Activity price: 350€ (fixed price, from 1 to 8 people). This price includes: VAT, guided tour in English (by a certified mountain guide), snowshoes and sticks, and accident insurance for mountain activities.
- Picnic price: 18€/person. This price includes: big sandwich, mineral water (1,5l), fruit and chocolate bar.
- Transfer price from/to Barcelona (both ways included):
- · 1 to 3 people: 170€
- · 4 to 6 people: 215€
- · 7 or 8 people: 235€
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org