Rural Catalonia: La Quar del Berguedà - Full Day
This demanding circular route reveals the southern foothills of the Berguedà pre-pyrenees, an area of wild, lonely and very rugged mountains. The plateau of the Quar Sanctuary and the ascent to the ridge of Sant Isidre will make us enjoy the great panoramic view of central Catalonia. Along the route we will also visit several places of great historical interest. A proposal conceived and designed for those who want to escape from the crowds and experience "the authentic rural Catalonia"!
- Pick up time in Barcelona 9:00 a.m.
- Activity starting time and place: 10:30 a.m. in Sant Maurici de la Quar (110 km away from Barcelona).
- Activity duration: 7h approx.
- Arriving time in Barcelona: 7:00 p.m.
- Physical demands: High. This route is suitable for people with a good fitness level or used to long uphill walks.
- Technical difficulty: Easy.
- Total distance: 15 km
- Total ascent: 750m
- Recommended time of the year: All year round.
- Personal gear: You must wear mountain clothing for the route: windbreaker jacket, warm and comfortable breathable clothes, mountain boots and gloves. For the rain: waterproof poncho/raincoat. For the sun: sunglasses, sunscreen, lip protection and a cap. A proper mountain backpack. Recommended: telescopic walking sticks.
- Food: Picnic bag.
- Activity price: 275€ (fixed price, from 1 to 8 people). This price includes: VAT, guided tour in English (by a certified mountain guide) and accident insurance for mountain activities.
- Picnic price: 18€/person. This price includes: big sandwich, mineral water (1,5l), fruit and chocolate bar.
- Transfer price from/to Barcelona (both ways included):
- · 1 to 3 people: 190€
- · 4 to 6 people: 230€
- · 7 or 8 people: 250€
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org