One-day hiking experiences in Catalonia > 12. Pedraforca Summit (2.506m)
Pedraforca Summit (2.506m) - Full Day
Pedraforca (2.506m) is one of the great symbols of the Pyrenees. This attractive and emblematic mountain has captivated hikers and visitors for centuries by its peculiar shape (two twin peaks separated by a wide mountain pass) and the many legends and stories about it. Not surprisingly, Pedraforca is named "the Magic Mountain". The reward after a demanding hike is unforgettable: the views from the summit are awe-inspiring. It's important to know that is considered the ultimate hiking experience in Catalonia by most of the Catalan alpine and hiking clubs. Just for adventurers!
- Pick up time in Barcelona 8:00 a.m.
- Activity starting time and place: 10:00 a.m. in the town of Gósol (141 km away from Barcelona).
- Activity duration: 8h approx.
- Arriving time in Barcelona: 8:00 p.m.
- Physical demands: High. This route is suitable for people with a good fitness level or used to long uphill walks.
- Technical difficulty: Medium. The route passes through high mountain terrain.
- Total distance: 15 km
- Total ascent: 1,000m
- Recommended time of the year: April to November.
- Personal gear: You must wear mountain clothing for the route: windbreaker jacket, warm and comfortable breathable clothes, long trousers, mountain boots with high cuff to protect the ankles, gloves and buff. For the rain: waterproof poncho/raincoat. For the sun: sunglasses, sunscreen, lip protection and a cap. A proper mountain backpack. Recommended: telescopic walking sticks.
- Food: Picnic bag.
- Activity price: 295€ (fixed price, from 1 to 8 people). This price includes: VAT, guided tour in English (by a certified mountain guide) and accident insurance for mountain activities.
- Picnic price: 18€/person. This price includes: big sandwich, mineral water (1,5l), fruit and chocolate bar.
- Transfer price from/to Barcelona (both ways included):
- · 1 to 3 people: 195€
- · 4 to 6 people: 240€
- · 7 or 8 people: 260€
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org