Montserrat Panoramic Views - Half Day
On this half-day route we will discover the most popular side of the sacred mountain of Montserrat, and go to the top of the scenic viewpoint of Miranda de Sant Geroni (1,237 m), which offers 360º unforgettable views of Catalonia and beyond. At all times we will see a picturesque landscape formed by vertical rocky ravines, the so-called "Montserrat needles", of magical dreamlike appearance. We will take the Sant Joan Funicular on part of our uphill section. A classic and essential hike to the most emblematic mountain of Catalonia!
- Pick up time in Barcelona 9:00 a.m.
- Activity starting time and place: 10:15 a.m. in Montserrat Monastery car park (60 km away from Barcelona).
- Activity duration: 3h approx.
- Arriving time in Barcelona: 2:00 p.m.
- Physical demands: Easy.
- Technical difficulty: Easy.
- Total distance: 6 km
- Total ascent: 250m
- Recommended time of the year: Anytime except July and August.
- Personal gear: You must wear outdoor clothing for the route. For the rain: waterproof poncho/raincoat. For the sun: sunglasses, sunscreen, lip protection and a cap. A proper backpack. Recommended: telescopic walking sticks.
- Food: Picnic bag (optional).
- Activity price: 235€ (fixed price, from 1 to 8 people). This price includes: VAT, guided tour in English (by a certified mountain guide) and accident insurance for mountain activities.
- Sant Joan Funicular (mountain train): 10,60€/person.
- Picnic price: 18€/person. This price includes: big sandwich, mineral water (1,5l), fruit and chocolate bar.
- Transfer price from/to Barcelona (both ways included):
- · 1 to 3 people: 185€
- · 4 to 6 people: 230€
- · 7 or 8 people: 250€
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org